Hot-Honeys

Author Topic: Posting a set of pics from hard-drive to HH server  (Read 345 times)

Offline SenileDog

Posting a set of pics from hard-drive to HH server
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:24 pm »
I guess my question is about posting sets. You are going to get more newbies possibly having the same question, now that you opened the door to the somewhat geeky IHG crowd.

Let's say I have and old set from met-art downloaded 5 years ago (118 pics), and I would like to share it with the HH folks.
It is presently in a folder on my hard drive. I understand I need a image host, so let's pick img.yt.
For the sake of the example,the newbie JohnDoe does not have a login on img.yt but he has one on HH.

what is the full process from my hard-drive to a usual post on HH server, what set-up or choices do you recommend?

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
Re: Posting a set of pics from hard-drive to HH server
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:44 pm »
This is an easy question to answer, and your IHG crowd are quite welcome and not at all geeky. If you disagree with me tell me you don't go to your children for tech support on your electronic gadgets! :rofl:

First of all, there are MUCH easier image hosts you can use without any sort of account and ImageBam is the best and the easiest to use too, no account required. Just press the "Select Files" button and navigate to the files you want to upload. Select them all, if on Windows click one image and then use ctrl-A to select them all, click "Open." Then answer a few questions (set SELECT = Adult content and I recommend 250px thumbnails). Then click "UPLOAD NOW!" In 1-2 minutes the process will complete and a window will appear in the upper left corner with the BBcodes for all your images. Cut 'n paste that into your post. Add a title with the model(s) and set name, pick the correct website from the drop list and hit Post and you're done! In fact I just did that now as I am writing this, to post a set on a site that does not allow IMG.YT or other paying hosts. ImageBam is free but couldn't be easier to use.

Your techniques will improve as you gain more experience (such as making a bigger cover image).

I'm quoting one of my friends at another forum who wrote a better and much more detailed article on "How to Post" which I will quote here:

I see so many new members come into chat and ask a general question to help them post. Well here's a step by step "How to post images."

Ok. So most new members are just regular members when they first sign up. So you will have to use free hosts. One of the best free hosts is imagebam. So, I will tell you how to post there. :)

Step 1: Go to imagebam.com. (If you are going to post images a lot, you might want to make an account. Advantages to an account is you can manage your images easily. Also you can view your galleries if you decide to make galleries without having to save a bunch of links. And you can save your desired settings, so you don't have to reset the settings each time you post.)

Before we get to step 2. Some things to note. Make sure you select the right content option that fits your pics. Anything with an any nudity at all will be set to "adult content". If you don't, you have higher chance of getting your pics removed. Anything that is safe for the average work place is given the "family safe content" option. Also set you thumbnails to 150x150 - 200x200 pixel if posting sets on the board. Make sure you have the "keep aspect ratio" option set. Having square thumbnails always looks weird. Because models will start missing heads and limbs. :unsure:

Ok. Now we are ready for Step 2: Press the Select files button. (This will open a small window. You will then search your computer for the desired pictures. If posting more than one picture. You can press "CTRL-A"  in the desired folder to select all the images or HOLD-CTRL and click on each pic you want to upload. After all your pics are selected. Press Open.

Your pics will now show up in the little box. You'll want to either choose Create new gallery or no gallery option. If you choose create gallery, you'll have to name it something. After you do this click the "UPLOAD NOW!" button. Your pics will begin upload. (Note: Imagebam only allows 500 pics per gallery. So if your created a gallery make sure not to have more than 500 images or nothing will upload.) It takes some time. You can use this time to prepare your new thread here on the board. :)

When you pics are done uploading, you will get the posting links. You'll want to select the BB-Code posting link option for this board. Paste your links into a new thread or reply to a thread. And then go ahead and hit submit on the board. And your pics will show up on the board. :)

Hope this helps you newbies. Happy posting. :zoom:

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask. We are here to help!

Offline SenileDog

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:59 pm »
Thank you so much, Etaoin Shrdlu, will do a dry run in a near future.

If your reputation could ever break the 10 speed limit.  :)  :thumbsup:

SenileDog

Offline SenileDog

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:01 pm »
Here is the result of my test with Imagebam:

Multi-Upload

Error

Image (AlenaI_MA_deolisia_Y2007_001.jpg.jpg) has been banned from ImageBam.

result of dry run is in test board

Is it only the cover pic that has been banned? Is there a workaround?

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 12:04 am »
Yes there is a work-around. They use a checksum based (CRC, MD5) etc. based test to match up your image to prohibited images. If it matches a known checksum they reject your image. DMCA, you know?

The easiest way to mess this up is to just change your image slightly. If you are running Windows, just right-click the image and select Properties. Go to the Details tab and Click comments. Then add any comment, even a single character will do. Click Apply or OK. You have just slightly altered the image but not in any significant way, but the checksums are totally different!

If you have several images with the same problem just select all the images on the page (ctrl-A) and follow the above procedure. When you click Apply or OK it will do the same thing to everything on the whole set.

I believe I learned this trick at IHG. (Yes I am a long time IHG member.) You can also do a similar trick with IrfanView if you have that probram. (Good image viewer.)

I noticed your test post and realized that inviting IHG members to join our membership is working out even better than I expected (we are a recently launched website) because your experiences will help us pave the way for what we hope are many members to come.

You will notice I have added a new post to this section, Free Image Hosts where you will find my suggestions for other image hosting sites to explore.

Meanwhile my sole objection to ImageBam remains that they do not offer thumbnails over 350px which is IMO not large enough to make a good cover. I believe a nice cover sets the beginning for a good looking post that you can be proud of.

Just to be fair I credit Greg for this information about tweaking image properties and I suggest you ask him for further elaboration.

Offline SenileDog

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 01:09 am »
Greg's trick worked. No surprise there.  :)  :thumbsup:

Yes, I like Irfanview but also Faststone which is terrific for renaming sets.

Thanks, SenileDog

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 01:26 am »
Keep tuned and I'll find a better place to upload larger images suitable for covers.

While we don't want our members to use several image hosts because that can lead to fractional break-up of a set, there is no problem hosting your cover on a different image host. I often do this myself on other forums.

However I have found that ImageBam is one of the fastest and easiest image hosts to use for free hosting, and it is always my choice when I can't use a paid host.

In the next few days I'll try to find you an image host that gives good cover hosting.