Hot-Honeys

Author Topic: HH Time Zone  (Read 212 times)

Offline SenileDog

HH Time Zone
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:54 pm »
HH Time zone was kind of in the Azores, has it changed recently to UTC? SD

Offline artfulbodger

Re: HH Time Zone
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 08:56 pm »
This weekend the internet community as a whole has reverted from DST (Daylight Saving Time) to the various local time zones. So everything has gone back one hour. I'm sure it (although it's supposed to) didn't happen all at once or as smoothly as it was supposed to.

Offline firewaran

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:22 am »
I wonder when we stop doing this switch of a hour back and forth - its annoying "nobody" needs it but still a lot of countries do it.

Offline SenileDog

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 03:55 am »
And to make it simple, guess what, in the US, we do it on November 6th! SD

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 04:09 am »
Official answer:

Our server is set up to use UTC (GMT). In fact I ridicule anybody operating a server that does not maintain their server using UTC for all timekeeping purposes.

Lesser under our control is the way that our forum software handles member timezone settings. You can choose not only your own timezone but also may pick (1) no DST, (2) use DST, or (3) auto-detect DST. Note that in some countries "daylight savings time" is called "summer time."

To further complexify the issue, the whole world cannot agree on what day DST (or summer time) begins and ends, and with so many loose ends it is virtually impossible for our forum software to get the right result 100% of the time.

Myself? I turn off DST entirely and just change my timezone twice a year. While I wish I lived in Arizona or one of the other US States that keep the same clock time year round.

Your best solution to the problem is to monkey around with your timezone settings until posts show the correct time, and then do it next time your government decides to fuck with you and screw up your clocks.

Or just move to fucking Arizona. It's a nice state! Really! Never mind that you don't need a heater and don't need to ever turn off your air conditioning. (Ask me how I know. No, you won't get an answer.)