Hot-Honeys

Author Topic: How to value the work of content provider  (Read 159 times)

Offline firewaran

How to value the work of content provider
« on: October 22, 2016, 02:29 pm »
How to value the work of content provider

The image providers get only a reward if we actually view a image they upload.
IHG is not executing the JavaScript which necessary to  count, so image provider don't get anything in return when we download via  IHG.

Normally I open 2-3 images, then i have opened a lot of tabs where i click "continue to your image" to give something in return.
This is repetitive so I did a little script to make it easier. This script will press the "continue-link" for you, so you can just open a lot of pictures in another tab and the "view" will count.

This way i will open more images and give more in return for a set i like.
By publishing my solution i hope to increase the general support for the guys & girls who do organize and upload the images for us.

You can use  Guerilla Scripting (PaleMoon) or  Greasemonkey (Firefox) to run the script.

Currently it is only supporting IMG.YT.
I plan to extend support for other image host but first i need some feedback from users to work.
Also feedback is welcome from content providers if this works how it is intended.

PaleMoon Installation Instruction
  • Install the Add-On from above link.
  • Download attachment i added (continue_to_image_script.js)
  • Save it into script folder of the add-on, for windows it should be like:
    C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\YOURPROFILE\guerillajs\scripts\

FireFox Installation Instruction
coming soon.

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
Re: How to value the work of content provider
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:45 pm »
I too often click an image in a set I'm planning to download, just to reward the person who uploaded the set with a small contribution. Most image hosts pay about USD $0.001 to 0.007 per click so it takes clicks from those who appreciate their sets to make it worth their posting content.

Note that additional clicks from the same person (IP address) do not produce any more income. 24 hours must pass before the content provider can get more income from the same person.

Other times I click an image just because I want a closer look! :D

Offline firewaran

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 10:53 am »
So if i click 5 images it won't count?

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 04:48 am »
If you click one image posted by one contributor on one image host that is the maximum he will get paid for. It won't count again unless your IP address changed or 24 hours has passed.

Smart posters use several image hosts in a posting run to maximize their likelihood of getting paid clicks.

(Please note: Do not use multiple image hosts in a single set on Hot Honeys or we will pass a rule against it. Use the same image host for your entire post. Using multiple hosts in a single posts just increases the chances your post will get fucked up and our members won't like it. And I don't like things that get Hot Honeys members pissed off.) :)

That also maximizes the chances that your image host may yield under pressure and give the site you are posting your real PayPal, Payza or other identifying information.

That's why I use just one image host site, because I know the owner and I know he won't give up personal information no matter who asks.

Offline firewaran

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 05:00 pm »
In that case this post is not helping anyone. Thank you for clearing that for me. I didn't knew that only one images counts.
So IHG is not "bad" at all, because it makes no difference. To open one picture is mostly done i guess.
I for example i like to see one image at least in "big" to decide if it is worth for me to download a lot of 1s and 0s ;)

Offline Etaoin

• Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 07:16 pm »
IHG makes no contribution to whoever was kind enough to post the images. If you click one image on each set you rip you are likely to help the person who posted it. It's too complicated to figure out if he is rotating image hosts.

In the end all I can say is that I used to operate an image host (earlier version of same software IMG.YT uses) and for that reason I know how it works. I modified a lot of its code too until one day I decided it wasn't worth the trouble for me to operate my own private image host, so I re-upped about 200 sets using IMG.YT replacing my own images, and deleted my image host off my server.

I wish more people would realize that having your own image host for the most part is not worth the trouble. Just find a good public image host that pays well and stick with it.

One final comment, I have no simple way of counting them (and deleting) but I bet more than half of our host file has solutions for image hosts that are no longer there. It would take many hours to weed them out and I'm sure nobody will volunteer for the job.