Hot-Honeys

Author Topic: Greg's avatar emporium  (Read 304 times)

Offline Greg

• Retired Member
Greg's avatar emporium
« on: May 30, 2016, 03:15 am »
I enjoy making avatars and sometimes play at Googling subjects and just collect a batch of images, then process them into avatars.

The avatars I post in this topic are up for grabs, and anybody who wants to make one theirs, please grab it and post a reply that it is taken. Anybody who picks one of these avatars gets exclusive use.

Just grab it off the page and download to local, then upload it for your avatar -- then reply. I'll be glad to help anybody who is having problems setting their avatar.

Here's the first batch:

The following avatars have transparent backgrounds which will disappear when used as avatars, but didn't survive the image hosting process. The black areas will disappear into the forum's light blue background:

Here's an example of transparency:

Offline Greg

• Retired Member
Re: Greg's avatar emporium
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 03:25 am »
This second batch is themed on fey (from fantasy literature) and may be more suitable for female members, but you know the saying:

On the Internet the men are men, the women are men, and the children are the FBI! :rofl:

None are transparent.

Also be advised that I enjoy making avatars, and will happily do custom avatars for anybody who wants one. PM me and we can discuss your preferences, and then I can present you with several to pick from. The ones you don't want will go into this collection.

I particularly enjoy making transparent ones when I can find the right subject material. BTW you may have guessed my own avatar is from Charles Dickens. :)

Again, these are one time use, if somebody picks one they get exclusive use and I'll withdraw it from the collection.

Enjoy! :D

Offline Sir Smurf-a-Lot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 03:56 am »
Awesome !!! Nice Work here !!  :thumbsup:

Offline Greg

• Retired Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 05:06 am »
Thanks Smurf! I don't understand what gets me off here but I just fucken' love doing art.

I just think a forum looks more interesting when people use distinctive avatars. It puts a face on their posts, and as you read their posts you recognize them almost as if avatars are faces. It's a way of showing individuality. Some people are good at picking them, others may not think much of them, but I'm here to help those who like them but can use some help.

My two earlier posts were the result of about an hour session each of (1) Googling as many images as I could on some words I pulled out of my ass ear, then (2) processing them mostly by cropping them into suitability. This is my form of computer doodling when I'm too tired to code, and just want to turn my right brain loose imagining which images I could use as avatars.

I used to resize them to the forum standard (here 120x120px) but discovered our forum software does a good job of rendering any size image into the assigned space. It's my judgement that most but not all of these would translate well if used as avatars on this forum. The crucial judgement is resizing how these images into 120px maximum would appear as avatars in our forum. What I mean is that you have to take into consideration that detail will be lost.

If it doesn't work you try another. I've used my present avatar for a few years (before IHG became integrated into HH) and as much as I like avatars, I also feel that you should pick one you like and stick with it. Like I said (did I say that?) avatars are our forum equivalent of faces just as our messages are the forum equivalent of speech.

So when I get that feeling that my left brain (logical) is tired out from too much code and my right brain (creative) wants out, I pour a glass of wine and go on a Google expedition and create more avatars.

Offline Greg

• Retired Member
more avatars
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 03:46 am »

Again, most of these avatars have transparency, the black goes invisible as shown by the following example:

The image host does not support transparency.

Offline PsPBuRnOuT

• For My Joanne, Always And Forever In My Heart.
    • My Wallpapers
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 12:07 am »
Very Nice Greg m8 ;)
You On DA By Any Chance?