Author Topic: New clear instal Pale Moon and IHG - doesn't work anymore  (Read 2882 times)

lister2002

Re: New clear instal Pale Moon and IHG - doesn't work anymore
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 07:52 pm »
OK, at this stage, I am pretty sure, that only English is fine to communicate, we will go back to dual language if it is a problem.
Yes, only English is fine :)

01) It is correct you have bunch of js files ....
Yes, the files are present

02) when you right click on PM and select ImageHost Grabber what menuitem is activated:
Yes, all menu items are present. Menu "options" available. Options Window works.
Menu "Get all pics on page" are present, but does not work. Nothing happens when you select it.
It then select the entry appears in the log:

20:18:01 04 Apr 2016   Entering HostFileService
20:18:01 04 Apr 2016   [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: serverList is null" {file: "chrome://imagegrabber/content/imagegrabber/update.js" line: 35}]

I understand that the plugin can not properly receive the path to your files. If you update the host file manually, the plugin still does not download. Appears choose a folder to save, and download window does not appear. And the download does not start.

SenileDog

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 08:01 pm »
Pale Moon could be the culprit:

It is possible your version is not compatible with Server 2003.

01)Which version do you have:

02) If not this one, try this:

https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml

Greg

• Manager
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 08:06 pm »
I can explain at least the empty about:config variables. An add-on cannot create variables except at time of installation. All variables must be created at that time even if they are empty. Later on IHG will store values in those variables.

As far as the character set problem, that is the first time I have ever heard of it, and upon thinking I'm surprised it is not a more common problem.

lister2002

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 08:15 pm »
02) If not this one, try this:

https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml
I use this version!

Pale Moon could be the culprit:
It is possible your version is not compatible with Server 2003.

All the problems disappear, if I create a user with "English" name (User, Tester, Darth_Vader... ets). :) It is only in this! The plugin does not work correctly if the path to the files have Russian letters.

SenileDog

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 08:18 pm »
Yup, Greg, I agree with you, I am sure we have bunch of users with user id in ISO characters.
From what you say when talking statistics, it is obvious.

SenileDog

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 08:20 pm »
so, lister2002, how many pics do you see here:

http://www.forum.setca.net/showthread.php?s=2303d7de96b11a6409c4579b9030326b&t=7124&page=177

when you right click on ImageHost Grabber and select pics on page,

lister2002

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 08:24 pm »
I can explain at least the empty about:config variables. An add-on cannot create variables except at time of installation. All variables must be created at that time even if they are empty. Later on IHG will store values in those variables.
Yes, I already knew that. Thank you.

As far as the character set problem, that is the first time I have ever heard of it, and upon thinking I'm surprised it is not a more common problem.
1) This problem was not with the old version of this plugin.
2) This is a common Problem for Russian Windows OS. Many other programs do not work (or do not work properly) because of this.

lister2002

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 08:31 pm »
so, lister2002, how many pics do you see here:
http://www.forum.setca.net/showthread.php?s=2303d7de96b11a6409c4579b9030326b&t=7124&page=177

I see over 55 pics.. :) It`s russian forum :)

when you right click on ImageHost Grabber and select pics on page,
Nothing happens. No additional windows does not appear.

SenileDog

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 08:34 pm »
Excellent, Enjoy using ImageHost Grabber, and do not hesitate asking for help.

Greg

• Manager
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 09:43 pm »
I regret to admit that I have no change log starting at the Firefox add-ons version up until today's present 1.7.0.3 or even worse, the 1.7.0.3.45 version.

Or to be more exact, I haven't a got fucking clue what the difference is between IHG 1.7.0.3 and 1.7.0.3.45. Not a fucking clue! Rookie just dropped .45 on us like a bomb, no explanation, no nothing.

Eventually I will do a DIFF and examine the differences, and I myself will modify .45 into 1.7.0.4. That is why I am collecting feedback, so that I know what to look for when I create the next official release.

We need developers, not cowboys, and this isn't the Wild Wild West. If anybody wants to be on the team they need to understand that the concept of a "team" implies more than one person. "Team" implies communication and collaboration between multiple team members.

lister2002

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 01:35 am »
Excellent, Enjoy using ImageHost Grabber, and do not hesitate asking for help.
Apparently you do not understand me. I see a picture (see the eyes), but does not download them IHG.

lister2002

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 01:51 am »
I regret to admit that I have no change log starting at the Firefox add-ons version up until today's present 1.7.0.3 or even worse, the 1.7.0.3.45 version...
You are the author of the plugin? Tell me why the older version (1.6.5.5) normally works, and why the new (1.7.0.3) - does not work? What has changed? Case in Russian letters in the path to user profile. This error is almost all Russian users.
This problem many of my friends. I was asked to find out what was going on.

Greg

• Manager
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 01:05 pm »
IHG was written by Matt McMullen. Due to my experience in managing forums and technical knowledge of our SMF forum software, he asked me to take over running the site so he could have more time to work on his day job, give attention to his wife, and focus on writing IHG's code. I accepted the job and have been running the forum ever since.

Then about a year and a half ago I received just an email from Matt saying that I would not be hearing from him for 5-10 years, and hoped that I wouldn't mind taking over all responsibilities over the IHG project. So that's how I ended up as IHG's Manager.

SenileDog

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 02:09 pm »
To lister2002:

When you say: "All the problems disappear", It sorts of mean: It is working for you.
I guess It was lost in the translation.

What I was asking for is the following:

When you right click on PM, select ImageHost Grabber then Select pics on page, a window pops up.

Top left of this windows, it tells you: 58 of 58 images selected then you click on ok, and the pictures are downloaded in your target folder which is top left.

Now, let's go back to square one = let's start again

01) can you see the window with the name: "select the images you want to download" pops ups?

02) if you do, can you change row height to 32 and click on button change row height

03) if you do, can you capture the pic and post it as attachment.

04) what happens when you click on button ok