Author Topic: New clear instal Pale Moon and IHG - doesn't work anymore  (Read 2881 times)

lister2002

Hi!
I'm sorry, my language - Russian, writing through an interpreter. (translate.google)
OS - Windows 2003 Server Std

1) I`m install new, clear Pale Moon
2) I`m install ImageHost Grabber v1.7.0.3 in this thread:
http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3457.0
3) IHG does not download images and not update the host file. That log:

20:18:01 04 Apr 2016   Entering HostFileService
20:18:01 04 Apr 2016   [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: serverList is null" {file: "chrome://imagegrabber/content/imagegrabber/update.js" line: 35}]

(all log in attach)
4) These variables with empty values:
extensions.imagegrabber.blacklistfilepath
extensions.imagegrabber.hostfileloc
extensions.imagegrabber.lastsessiondir

If I understand correctly, the program is initialized properly. Not enough of the variables and file paths. I tried to reset three times. The result is not changed. What can be done?

artfulbodger

• Administrator
Re: New clear instal Pale Moon and IHG - doesn't work anymore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:01 pm »
Hello and welcome. You speak some other languages? For example, French or German
Привет и добро пожаловать. Ты говоришь на каких-нибудь других языках? Например, французский или немецкий

Please note that I too use Google Translate, the official language of the forum is English, I you speak French or German, others may be able to understand you without using Google.
Обратите внимание, что я тоже использовать Google Translate, официальным языком форума является английский, я вам говорю французский или немецкий, другие могут быть в состоянии понять вас без использования Google.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:16 pm by artfulbodger »

lister2002

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 02:12 pm »
Привет и добро пожаловать. Ты говоришь на каких-нибудь других языках? Например, французский или немецкий
Мой родной язык - русский. Я неплохо понимаю технические тексты на английском. Пишу через автоматический переводчик.
Нет, на французском или немецком я не говорю и не читаю. (зато вас отлично понимаю даже на русском через переводчик)

My native language is russian. I'm good understand technical texts in English. I am writing through an automatic translator.
No, in French and German, I do not speak and do not read. (But you know very well, even in Russian through a translator)

And that the answer to my question?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:26 pm by lister2002 »

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:23 pm »
I have looked at your log file. I do not understand the references to "Chrome". Can you explain the references please.
Я посмотрел на файл журнала. Я не понимаю, ссылки на "Chrome". Можете ли вы объяснить ссылки пожалуйста.

Sorry - looked again. I do understand the references. My mistake, I will look again.
К сожалению, - посмотрел снова. Я понимаю ссылки. Моя ошибка, я буду смотреть снова.

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 02:53 pm »
Удаление IHG полностью - иди сюда инструкции: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3495.0 Перезапустите Pale Moon, установить IHG 1.7.0.3.45 отсюда: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0 В Pale Moon нет никакой разницы между 1.7.0.3 и 1.7.0.3.45, только другой файл.

Может быть, у вас была коррумпированной скачать. Пожалуйста, дайте нам знать, что происходит.

Uninstall IHG completely - go here for instructions: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3495.0 Restart Pale Moon, Install IHG 1.7.0.3.45 from here: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0 In Pale Moon there is no difference between 1.7.0.3 and 1.7.0.3.45, just a different file.

Maybe you had a corrupt download. Please let us know what happens.

lister2002

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 03:45 pm »
Uninstall IHG completely - go here for instructions.....
.....Maybe you had a corrupt download. Please let us know what happens.
Installation was carried out in a "clean" operating system in the "clean" your browser. Prior to that, nothing found debts. I tried three times to reset the IHG strictly about the instructions. The result does not change.
I previously had a similar situation with IHG, when formed this forum. Plug-in version from this forum was not working with the same error. I then resolved the problem like this: installed the "old" version of the plugin with Firefox site. Then I delete it without affecting variables. Then I put the plug-in version of the forum - and it worked.
Who Firefox old version is gone. And I did not retained. I think the thing is that this plugin installer something does not create. Why variables with empty values?

extensions.imagegrabber.blacklistfilepath
extensions.imagegrabber.hostfileloc
extensions.imagegrabber.lastsessiondir

Установка проводилась в "чистую" операционную систему и в "чистый" браузер. До этого ничего установлено небыло. я пробовал три раза переустановить IHG строго про инструкции. Результат не меняется.
У мнея раньше была подобная ситуация с IHG, когда образовался этот форум. Версия плугина с этого форума не работала с этой же ошибкой. Я тогда решал проблемму так: устанавливал "старую" версию плугина с сайта Мозилы. Потом удалял её, не трогая переменных. Потом ставил версию плугина с этого форума - и всё работало.
Сейчас на Мозиле старой версии уже нет. А я её не сохранил. Я думаю, дело в том, что установщик этого плугина что-то не создает. Почему пустые переменные?

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 03:52 pm »
I cannot think of anything more to suggest. Maybe someone else can.

Я не могу думать ни о чем больше, чтобы предложить. Может быть, кто-то может.

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:37 pm »
Just had a suggestion from SenileDog, as follows:

It is possible that lister2002 cannot update hostf.xml because of ISO chars in the path (his userid)

Did not have time to check yet.

Dunno if we tested with ISO char.

also the encoding of the hostf.xml is windows-1252, I am almost sure it should be ISO-8859-1.

lister - does that make any sense to you?

SenileDog

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 05:03 pm »
It seems you cannot update hostf.xml
Кажется, что вы не можете обновить hostf.xml

download it manually from http://imagehost-grabber.org/hostf.xml
загрузить его вручную http://imagehost-grabber.org/hostf.xml

and copy it to:
и скопируйте его:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your userid>\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\p99g6spz.default\extensions\{E4091D66-127C-11DB-903A-DE80D2EFDFE8}

replace <Your userid> by you real userid
заменить <Your userid> с реальным идентификатором пользователя

then try again and get back to us
затем повторите попытку и вернуться к нам

lister2002

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 05:47 pm »
It is possible that lister2002 cannot update hostf.xml because of ISO chars in the path (his userid)

lister - does that make any sense to you?
Yes, you were right. The point is this! The operating system used by Russian characters in the path to user profile.
c:\Documents and Settings\Администратор\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles ...
I checked it out. If you create another user named "English" is no such problem. And all at once earned!
c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles ...

So this plugin does not understand Russian characters in the path to user profile. And it absolutely will not run on 90% of computers with a Russian operating system!
Forced update the host file, the problem is not eliminated! The plugin is still not working.
Incidentally, in the old version of the plug of the problem was not! I specifically checked (the old version of the plug-in enclosure). The old version understood Russian characters in the path to your user profile.
You can somehow fix this bug in the new version of the plugin?

Yes, the all Windows RUS uses the Russian character set windows-1252.

Да, вы были правы. Дело именно в этом! В операционной системе используются русские символы в пути к профилю пользователя.
c:\Documents and Settings\Администратор\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles...
Я проверил это. Если создать другого пользователя с именем "на английском" то такой проблемы нет. И всё сразу заработало!
Значит этот плагин не понимает русских символов в пути к профилю пользователя. И он гарантированно не будет работать на 90% компьютеров с русской операционной системой!
Принудительное обновление хост-файла проблему не устраняло! Плагин все равно не работал.
Кстати, в старой версии плагина этой проблемы не было! Я специально проверил (старая версия плагина в аттаче). Старая версия понимала русские символы в пути к профилю пользователя.
Можно как-то исправить эту ошибку в новой версии плагина?

A special thank you for the trip test questions when you publish the answer in this forum. :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:00 pm by lister2002 »

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 05:57 pm »
Guys - I seem to remember a similar problem from a user with the Greek alphabet. Did anyone solve it? If so does anyone remember how?

Ребята - я, кажется, помню подобную проблему у пользователя с греческого алфавита. Кто-нибудь решить эту проблему? Если да кто-нибудь помнит, как?

lister2002

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 06:07 pm »
Guys - I seem to remember a similar problem from a user with the Greek alphabet. Did anyone solve it? If so does anyone remember how?

Why using the old version of the plug-in? What changed? Can "it" to bring back?
The point in the plug-in! It can be shown that the problem of the author of the plugin?

А почему работает старая версия плагина? Что изменилось? Можно ли "это" вернуть назад?
Дело в самом плагине! Можно показать эту проблемму автору плагина?

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 06:30 pm »
What happened in the old version is no longer relevant. Many solutions will no longer work with the old version, they depend on the new version. We have to be able to enable you to work with the current version.

То, что произошло не в старой версии уже не актуальна. Многие решения больше не будут работать со старой версией, они зависят от новой версии. Мы должны быть в состоянии, чтобы вы могли работать с текущей версией.

I'm sure we've had a similar problem with another user using a none Latin alphabet (Greek) , and I'm pretty sure it got solved.

Я уверен, что у нас была аналогичная проблема с другим пользователем с использованием латинского алфавита Ни один (греческий), и я уверен, что это удалось решить.

SenileDog

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 07:05 pm »
OK, at this stage, I am pretty sure, that only English is fine to communicate, we will go back to dual language if it is a problem.

01) It is correct you have bunch of js files under c:\Documents and Settings\Администратор\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles ...{E4091D66-127C-11DB-903A-DE80D2EFDFE8}... chrome\content including overlay.js size 8,662 bytes and \imagegrabber\imagegrabber.js size 34,027 bytes

02) when you right click on PM and select ImageHost Grabber what menuitem is activated:

Get all pics on page - Select pics on page - Host File Editor - Options - or nothing

03) when you click on options, do you see a window ImageGrabber Options

SenileDog

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 07:27 pm »
Also from this link:

http://www.forum.setca.net/showthread.php?s=2303d7de96b11a6409c4579b9030326b&t=7124&page=177

when you right click on ImageHost Grabber and select pics on page, describe what happens.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:42 pm by SenileDog »