Author Topic: IHG Beta Test Version 1.7.0.3.45 discussion topic  (Read 4290 times)

Greg

• Manager
IHG Beta Test Version 1.7.0.3.45 discussion topic
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:32 am »
This beta test version has now been posted in our download section:

IHG Beta Test Version 1.7.0.3.45

Please post your comments and feedback regarding the beta test version in this topic.

THIS IS NOT A HELP TOPIC. PLEASE REPORT BUGS HERE AND POST A SEPARATE TOPIC TO GET HELP SOLVING YOUR PROBLEMS.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:29 am by Greg »

fred42

Re: IHG Beta Test Version 1.7.0.3.45 discussion topic
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:12 am »
Hello,

So far, complete success with IHG 1.7.0.3.45 when running Pale Moon x64 on Manjaro Linux 15.12.  What I did (just to be sure):

1. Removed the previous IHG extension from Pale Moon & restarted the browser
2. Cleared Pale Moon's temporary files, history and cache
3. Installed the IHG Beta 1.7.0.3.45 and restarted the browser
4. Went into IHG's Host File Editor, and then clicked [Update from online Host File]

I find that browsing and IHG (in general) works better when I do periodic, Pale Moon housecleaning - clearing temporary files, etc.

Thank you!

Kat

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:30 pm »
IHG beta 1.7.0.3.45 working very well on my iMac running El Capitan (Version 10.11.3).

My steps:

1) I installed Pale Moon from the thread below which is the official Pale Moon forum (hope it's okay to post a non-active link as I think it's relevant)

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11363

2) I tried the non-beta IHG version but it didn't work on a test site so I assumed it was the host file.

3) But, I decided to try the beta version so I uninstalled the non-beta version which prompted a restart of Pale Moon.

4) I then installed the IHG beta version from the thread below.

http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0

5) I was prompted to update the host file when I began testing the same site and it worked beautifully. In that sitting, I downloaded 7 multi-page Coppermine galleries. It was very fast with no issues.

Thank you so much for all the work you've put into this great add-on. I grew attached to using IHG with Firefox. But, the fact that it can work on Pale Moon is very much appreciated. It's one of my favorite add-ons and saves so much time. Installing another browser is not what I would even consider a small sacrifice to use such a great add-on. And I get to play with a new browser which so far is working very well. I will definitely install Palemoon on my non-Mac machines.

Edit: No problem with the links. Pale Moon will shortly be one of the few browsers that support IHG.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:43 pm by Greg »

artfulbodger

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 04:43 pm »
Thank you for the feedback Kat. I've added your link to the PM forum to this thread: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3795.0

Greg

• Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 04:44 pm »
It is normal to be asked for a host file update immediately after installing a new version. The installation files come with a stub version of the host file which is not usable. That first update gets the latest host file from our site.

Looping

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 06:24 am »
Hi Greg,

I noticed, that IHG stopped working. Tech spec is:

FF 45.0.1
Win10 (which didnt change)

What happens:

After right-clicking IGH like usual, no window is showing (just nothing happens). When I click "hostfileeditor", the window is showing - but all is empty (no host entries - and the MS Windows moving circle mouse pointer is showing). It looks like it does not find a server. Which is true, cause when I go on "modify hostfile sever" - the window is empty. When I try to put some server in manuallly, it does not save. I already removed all previous version of IHG and tried to install beta, doesnt work. I also resetted in about:config all IHG entries.

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 08:34 am »
Hi Looping,

I suspect you still on version 1.7.0.3

Version 1.7.0.3.45 is here

blargblarg

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 06:51 am »
It doesn't work for me anymore. I have the 1.7.0.3.45 beta on FF 45.0.1, running Windows 10 64bit.

Here's what happens, if i press any of the buttons nothing happens. Then if I go to the host editor, i get a blank host with the mouse scroll just looping in a circle. But it never loads a list, it never downloads one from online. And when I manually add one it still doesn't open it.

Is this the end of IHG :(?

enuj

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 07:09 am »
It doesn't work for me anymore. I have the 1.7.0.3.45 beta on FF 45.0.1, running Windows 10 64bit.

Here's what happens, if i press any of the buttons nothing happens. Then if I go to the host editor, i get a blank host with the mouse scroll just looping in a circle. But it never loads a list, it never downloads one from online. And when I manually add one it still doesn't open it.

Is this the end of IHG :(?
I`m using the same but on windows 7 x64 pro and it`s working ok as you can see from the attached screenshot.
And no, it is not the end of IHG. There is Pale Moon browser based on firefox which the author of the addon will proceed to make it work when FF will be f* up with removing xul and all the stuff making IHG working. Personally I have already made some steps for making Pale Moon in the way I like FF and almost all of my other addons and scripts are working with it which make me very happy. I`m attaching screenshot of how close I`ve managed to get the looks. :)

IHG is probably the best addon ever made. I`m immensely thankful for its existence!
Through the years I`ve been using it the count of downloaded pictures is probably over 3 000 000. This would not be be possible without it.

ps. The forum antispam protection is funny. xD
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 07:24 am by enuj »

tnovak

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 10:41 am »
Hi!

I'm new here! I'm fan of IHG so I wanted to report here, that the new beta version 1.7.0.3.45 works with last FF v45!

The problem that users have here is probably that the beta download link in the post http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0 is wrong.

The correct link is http://imagehost-grabber.org/imagegrabber-1.7.0.3.45.xpi. (Admin, please correct the link to avoid further confusion...)

I downloaded it and it works with FF 45.0.1 without problem :-)

I hope it helps.

With regards

Tom

Greg

• Manager
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 12:59 pm »
Sorry about that. I have corrected the download post.

Here again is the download post: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0

skcbait

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 01:35 pm »
YOU GODDAMN GLORIOUS SUMSABITCHES!!!

I'm using Cyberfox and just went through an update for the current build and decided to do a little house cleaning. Took a hard look at my extensions and was on the verge of uninstalling IHG. Decided to take a look at the forums here and maybe make a post asking if I should keep it on the hopes that y'all hadn't abandoned FF completely for Palemoon. Then I see this thread for the Beta.

As it stands right now, IHG Beta works on Cyberfox 45.0.3 on Windows 10.

YOU AMAZING BASTARDS YOU! Thank you!

:) :D :happy: :thankyou:

superdx

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 02:03 am »
I'm on FF45.0.2 latest on OSX 10.11.4 El Capitan and it works perfectly, thank you!

The captcha verifications are a bit much? There's like 6 of them.

Greg

• Manager
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 02:24 pm »
There's 30+ CAPTCHA variations. We get deluged by spammers without them. The CAPTCHA is required only on your first 2 posts. After that you will never see it again. -- Sorry for the inconvenience but without this measure the forum fills up with spam.

Zevel

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12 am »
Noticed the following in the console when checking for addon updates:

Code: [Select]
1461074024347 addons.update-checker DEBUG Requesting http://imagehost-grabber.org/xpi_files/imagegrabber/beta/update.rdf
GET
XHR
http://imagehost-grabber.org/xpi_files/imagegrabber/beta/update.rdf [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 265ms]

and

Code: [Select]
1461074026846 addons.update-checker WARN Request failed: http://imagehost-grabber.org/xpi_files/imagegrabber/beta/update.rdf - 404: Not Found